Have you heard the word protein balls being tossed around lately? You can hardly walk into a health shop without seeing at least some protein balls for sale as a healthy snack, but what’s all the fuss?
When looking for the option of healthy food delivery in Brisbane and The Gold Coast, you want to know that the healthy meals are covered, but what about when you want a healthy snack?
Here we look at what protein balls are and why they’re a great snack alternative to your standard bag of chips or bar of chocolate!
What Are Protein Balls?
Do you often find yourself feeling peckish in between meals and too lazy to whip up a healthy snack? Protein balls are a great alternative to the usual unhealthy snacks and still give you a boost of energy like the sugar in those snacks usually do.
A protein ball is a small rolled-up ball filled with a combination of ingredients. These energy-boosting snacks can be made up with almost any ingredient you can think of! Some popularly used ingredients include:
- Dried fruits
- Mashed banana
- Nut butters
- Protein powder
- Maple syrup
- Cocoa powder
Why They’re a Great Snack
There’s a reason that protein balls have become so popular lately. Besides the obvious time-saving and health factor, here are some more benefits of a protein ball.
- Protein balls are super portable, meaning you can carry a large amount of them with you to have throughout your day, such as on your way to the gym or a snack at work.
- The customisable nature of protein balls is appealing as you can pick and choose from different flavours or nutrients depending on what you’re looking for.
- As with any normal protein, protein balls give you a healthy boost of energy for when you need it.
- Sometimes healthy snacks can appear to taste dull and unappealing. On the other hand, protein balls taste great and are a better alternative for other, more unhealthy snacks.
- Protein balls are a filling snack that can get you by between meals.
Keep It Balanced
As we’ve mentioned, protein balls are a great snack if you need that extra boost of energy, especially if you’re about to go for a run or do some cardio exercise. It’s important to note that they shouldn’t be your only ‘healthy’ snack as they go well with a healthy balanced diet filled with other healthy meals and snacks!
At Fresh Meals To U, we focus on delivering delicious, healthy snacks like our range of protein balls along with our healthy meal options that form part of our food delivery service in The Gold Coast and Brisbane. If you’re looking for freshly prepared meals that help you save time and are great for your health, give us a call or contact us today! We supply delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner options that are freshly made to suit your preferences!